Do you possess excellent client relationship skills, with a strong focus on sales development? Our fab client based in Hampton Wick (and offering hybrid working), is looking for a Business Development Executive to help drive their products and manage existing and new clients. Please apply today if you feel you can fulfil the below criteria!
Purpose of the Role
UK Sales & Business Development Executive contributes as part of the UK Sales Team with specific responsibilities for defined Industry sectors across the UK. Main functions include management of existing clients and business development with a key contribution for the business of providing sales growth across those sectors. This position allows sales discounts level at “Sales & Account Manager” level as defined in the Company’s Sales Policies process document
Responsibility Area 1: Account Management
- Daily and on an on-going basis contact existing clients within industry sectors defined to discuss current deployment of products;
- Review any additional or new requirements;
- Discuss whether these clients can be used as reference clients;
- Attend meetings with clients as required involving other company personnel when needed;
- Provide customer training on product and solution;
- Maintain the client’s record in Saleforce.com.
- Measured growth in business with existing clients year on year;
- Increasing number of referenceable clients identified within sector.
Responsibility Area 2: Business Development
- Dealing with new and following up on existing leads and researching and contacting appropriate new potential clients within identified industry sectors on a weekly basis through phone and email with a view to opportunity identification and pipeline growth;
- Manage Salesforce.com accounts, leads, contacts and opportunities for these new clients to ensure information is up to date;
- Devising market strategies;
- Utilise sales presentations and demonstrations during client visits as appropriate;
- Manage sales pipeline with these newly identified clients with a view to closing business with them.
- Measurable pipeline growth and new sales for defined industry sectors in line with sales and opportunity conversion targets.
Responsibility Area 3: Sales Reporting
- Monthly maintain Salesforce.com leads and opportunities to ensure forecast is accurate and representative of current position for defined industry clients;
- Produce Monthly Sales Report and Significant Opportunities Report for territory;
- Be fully prepared for a pipeline review each month.
- Follow Sales Reporting Guidelines process in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness;
- Forecast accuracy measured on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Responsibility Area 4: Industry Sector Management
- Communicate industry sector needs for technology and/or service within the business as these are identified;
- Assist marketing team in identifying and developing appropriate material for specific industries;
- Attend trade shows as required.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of how the Company’s products & services fit in industry;
- Clear sales material available for use across the business and information provided to marketing to assist in development of appropriate marketing material and campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ability to understand/solicit customer needs;
- Ability to articulate product capabilities against needs;
- Ability to manage objections;
- Ability to prepare presentations and deliver and prepare commercial proposals;
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and basic MS Office capabilities.