Trainee Claims Handler
Dorking – hybrid working after probation.
£20k plus benefits.
Our well established client based in central Dorking is seeking a new claims handler. You will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 2-year milestone training period. A performance review, including a salary rise, will be awarded every 4 months for the duration of the milestone training period. The salary rise is performance related.
Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated. Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing. Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim. Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales. Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance. The role is primarily office based.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Computer Skills
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Team working
- Delivering Excellent Customer Service
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in an Office Environment
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Willing to learn
- GCSE passes or equivalent (grades 4-9 / A-C), including English Language & Literature, and
- A level qualifications, preferably in Maths, English or Business
The benefits are as follows once the 3 month probation has been completed:-
- Share Save scheme
- Death In Service
- Working from home 2 out of 5 days
- Social events
- Eye Test
- Car Parking
- Casual dress
- Vitality Health Scheme
- Fruit provided weekly