Systems Analyst - 12 Month FTC
To design, maintain and support the software systems and applications throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. To collaborate productively with stakeholders, users and the technology team to deliver change and improve efficiency and reliability of their application estate.
- Review and clarification of User Requirements; collaborating with Business Analysts and stakeholders to ensure all requirements are clearly specified and scope defined.
- Design of new software applications and iterations to existing, to ensure User Requirements are met.
- Creation of clear and concise technical specification documents, specifying both functional and non-functional features.
- Review and refine technical documentation and final design in collaboration with Development team.
- Support other members of the team to improve standards.
- Collaborate with Delivery and Support teams to ensure smooth implementation and hand-over.
- Provide technical support and training as required to users of the company software and systems.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all the company policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of databases, data models, schemas
- Proficient using SQL to interrogate and manipulate data
- Familiar with SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, XML and other data exchange formats
- Well versed in modern web application development patterns and frameworks
- Able to write clear and concise Functional specifications based on User Requirements
- Awareness of Non-Functional considerations in solution design
- Skilled at creating workflow diagrams and schematics using diagramming tools
- Basic proficiency in one or more scripting or coding languages.
- Strong Excel skills, ability to manipulate and present data