Senior Support Engineer
Location: Dorking, Surrey
up to £55k
Our client is a prominent technology and communications provider. Committed to innovation and reliability, they offer a wide range of advanced solutions to empower businesses in the digital age.
Ideally the candidate will have previous MSP experience at 2nd or 3rd line level.
The Senior Support Engineer works as the primary point of contact within the Support team for issues raised by customers. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions, this will include providing technical support, resolving incidents, managing problems, and contributing to the continuous improvement of their IT services.
The 3rd Line /Senior Support Engineer will have a background working within a busy IT team, experience in designing and implementing technical solutions, and supporting of servers and desktop operating systems. The 3rd Line Support Engineer must have strong experience in technical troubleshooting and problem-solving. In addition, as part of this role, the individual will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
The responsibilities fall into the following areas;
- Supporting the Customer
- Achieving SLA targets
- Customer Satisfaction
- Documentation & Information
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- Supporting 2nd line team
5. Skills / Interests Required
- Proven ability to take a lead through the life of a ticket.
- Able to manage multiple priorities to achieve SLA targets.
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Cloud technologies.
6. Experience Required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and above
- Excellent knowledge of Hypervisors Hyper-V 2012 R2 and above and VMware vSphere 5.0 and above in an enterprise environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and above
- Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
- Experience in installing, configuring and managing switches and routers.
- Knowledge of Citrix Presentation/XenApp Server
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and above
- Knowledge of iSCSI/Fibre channel Storage Area Networks, such as EMC
- Knowledge of PowerShell
- Experience of patch management deployment/Windows Software Update Services
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and above
- Understanding of VOIP
- MCSE/MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or Server Administrator/VCP or equivalent IT
- Qualifications an advantage