SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Our client’s Account Managers are responsible for building and managing a sustainable client and network adoption pipeline, cross selling other Stark Group services to help solve customer challenges.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Helping us grow. Owning the responsibility for setting and executing plans to achieve agreed network adoption growth targets.
- Building relationships. Creating and maintaining lasting relationships with customers, engaging face-to-face with decision makers within our partners to understand their challenges and needs.
- Managing pipeline. Growing and managing clients
- Follow up opportunities.
- Account planning. Develop and execute account plans and client specific propositions
- Provide accurate market and sales information back into the business to support pricing, product/proposition development and strategy.
- Staying a step ahead of the industry, monitoring best practices to make recommendations and demonstrate knowledge and capability to external and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Person Specification, Competencies & Skills
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in similar business development roles, managing relationships with ICPs & UIPs, where growth targets have been demonstrably and consistently achieved
- A depth of experience within the UIP/ICP and IGT/IDNO utilities network adoption sector
- Experience of winning and/or delivering utility infrastructure projects in DNO, IDNO, Commercial & Industrial environments
- Sales and tender management including customer negotiation and commercial risk mitigation
- Demonstrable knowledge of account management and sales techniques
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook • Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
- Driven to sell – loves winning work
- Confident and likeable
- High emotional intelligence
- Organised – able to manage a large portfolio of clients and opportunities
- Focused – able to prioritise work based on value
- Curious – about reasons why accounts do what they do
- Comfortable interpreting and acting on data and MI
- Commercial and financially literate
- Calm – able to bring others together to help solve our clients’ challenges
- Able to influence senior stakeholders
- Clear, concise in written and verbal communication
- Consistently professional, confident, and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills, and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.