Job Title: Sales Manager – International B2B Publishing and Events (Full-Time)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 basic per annum + commission and performance related bonus
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Our lovely client is seeking a sales manager to join their successful publishing and events company. They have operated as a leader in their field for 30 years, producing many highly respected magazines, websites and exhibitions in the international B2B area.
The successful candidate will be working from their offices in Dorking, but with a worldwide client portfolio.
Our client is a leading provider of market and technology information to the global building materials sector, with a range of reputable clients such as Goldman Sachs, and many more from the global industrial, engineering and financial sectors.
You will be responsible for selling monthly print and online advertisements as well as event space for our annual international conference series to our industrial advertiser base.
Successful candidates will have previous experience in advertising and event sales, solid communication skills and a hunger to develop new business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented sales manager who aspires to work in a genuinely international environment, with frequent overseas travel to Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Main responsibilities will include:
· Manage day-to-day sales process for generating advertising sales across our portfolio of publications, monthly magazine, website and conference series.
· Develop and maintain client relationships within a B2B environment.
· Manage and retain existing client accounts while generating new business.
· Negotiate deals and maximise revenues from advertising and event sales.
· Interact daily with new and existing accounts via phone and face-to-face meetings.
· Travel internationally to visit clients, conferences and exhibitions.
· Maintain a CRM database with changes to client information and orders.
· Meet monthly publishing deadlines and revenue targets.
· Promote our brands at international conferences and trade shows
Skills and Experience:
· Account/relationship management experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong skills in numeracy, computer literacy (MS Office) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM or similar CRM system
· Ability to absorb and interpret relevant technical product knowledge
· Ability to create compelling sales and marketing information
· Clean driving license
· Languages an advantage (German, French, Spanish, Chinese)