Research & Development Technician
Our client has a brilliant and rare opportunity to join their development team at their Taunton offices. This is a great entry role into the world of research & development, and offers an opportunity to work with our fabulous development team. They are an accredited Investors In People Silver Employer and offer our teams a great working environment and benefits.
New Product Development:
- To create test methodology for all new product development.
- To work with Development Managers throughout the development process.
- To test new products to identify reliability/limitations and design weaknesses.
- To create initial prototype products to test concepts and ideas.
- To create new product instructions with the support of the Development Managers.
- To identify & setup spares for new products with the support of the Development Managers.
- Day to day site management of the Taunton test facilities. Conduct quarterly housekeeping audits and action items arising.
- To manage the department post and packing.
Quality Control & Assurance:
- To liaise with Development Managers to establish ‘critical to quality’ specifications for new products
- To test returned product and identify product weaknesses and potential QC issues.
- To analyse returned product and identifying product weaknesses and potential QC problems. Work with Far East Sourcing Manager to action improvements with suppliers.
- Customer Care - To test products returned to the Sales & Customer Support Team.
- To work with the NPD & Regulatory Control Manager to assist with basic regulatory requirements.
- To undertake other duties as requested from time to time.
Measures of Performance
- Equipment and facilities well maintained and operating effectively at all times.
- Constant improvement of aquatic and pet product compliance and quality.
- Accuracy, timeliness and quality of product test results, analysis and reporting .
- Low level of goods inwards QC rejections, product returns and incidence of product quality failures.
- Timeliness and quality of feedback to the Sales & Customer Support Team.
- Clear verbal and written reporting.
- Health and safety compliance.
- Completion of priorities.
- To take an enthusiastic, pro-active approach to the job, identifying and recommending better, more cost-effective ways of approaching tasks and/or achieving individual and departmental objectives.
- To take responsibility for developing personal knowledge and skill base, in particular a comprehensive knowledge of product range, departmental procedures and as relevant to role Phocas, Microsoft Office Suite, Business Central & other software.
- To communicate effectively, via all mediums, with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- To be an effective member of the departmental team, maintaining a flexible approach to each working day.
- To maintain a cheerful and positive mind-set at all times.
- To complete allocated tasks to the required standards with minimum supervision.
- Equipment, test site and work area well organised, tidy, and safe at all times.
- To maintain confidentiality of Company and customer information at all times.
- To maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance.