Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Location: Horley Office/Hybrid, 2 days in the office / 3 remote.
Benefits Include: Pension scheme, professional qualifications sponsorship, increasing holiday with length of service (start at 20 days rising to 25 days), Holiday EXTRA - purchase up to 5 days extra holiday per year, Employee Assistance programmes - health/legal/counselling, award bonus, Season Ticket Loans, Company social activities inc. Summer BBQ, Festive lunch and much more!
Our client is a fast-growing technology-based business that has built a market leading position in the provision of energy data and services with a proven track record for constant innovation.
Based at their Head Office in Horley, as a Project Manager you will take responsibility to plan and manage strategic, companywide projects, ensuring goals and objectives have been clearly defined, each project has a plan for delivery, and they are completed in a timely fashion.
You will ensure projects are appropriately resourced and owners are held accountable for achieving their tasks. To effectively manage delivery and stakeholder expectations by monitoring progress and ensuring the status of a project is effectively communicated across the company.
- To assist the Head of PMO in running and maintaining strategic projects within the Programmes Office.
- Facilitate and support programmes planning, including development of robust project plans, identification of key milestones, timeframes, dependencies, critical paths, assumptions, ensuring planning standards are followed.
- Use a methodology for project management which serves the purpose of the company and encourages the buy in of senior stakeholders. The project management methodology must be able to inform decision making as well as report on progress (agile, waterfall, etc.).
- Help the PMO team identify, assess and monitor risks to mitigate impacts to the delivery plan.
- Being responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the Programmes Management Office, to continue to develop and maintain the programmes environment in order to support each individual programme run within it.
- Maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders, and clearly articulate what tasks are required of them and how their objectives impact a delivery programme.
- Confidently lead and motivate project teams including both internal and external stakeholder groups where required.
- Ensure governance documentation is complete and maintained throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Team leader meetings, wider company updates and Exec summary reports and monitor all participation programmes to ensure adherence to all methods and standards.
Do you have the required skills & experience?
This role requires an ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of all programme teams:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Have experience in the Project co-ordination and management techniques, good knowledge of programme and project management methods, and possess a good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Excellent Project and Time Management skills
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritise multiple programmes and projects at any one time ensuring delivered on time and to the highest standard, including.
- Sound business case development and approvals skills.
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise programmes teams on their projects in relation to the programmes office.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Have a good attention to detail and prioritise work well. Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.