Our great client based in Taunton is seeking a Product Development Technician with aquatics knowledge to join their product development team.
New Product Development:
- To create test methodology for all NPD including electrical and mechanical equipment.
- To work with NPD Managers throughout the development process from concept to launch.
- To test new products (owned and 3rd Party) to ascertain reliability/limitations and identify design weaknesses both hardware & software. Work with NPD and Regulatory Control Manager, Development Managers and Far East Sourcing Manager to optimise function and reliability.
- To create initial prototype products to test concepts and ideas using various materials and methods such as work with plastic, wood, 3D printing.
- To create new product instructions with the support of the Development Managers.
- To identify, create & setup new spares for new products with the support of the Development Managers.
- Day to day site management of the Taunton test facilities including the Fish House, Pond Area, Dry Office Area and Product Returns Area. To ensure site housekeeping standards are maintained at all times. Conduct quarterly housekeeping audits and action items arising.
- To manage the department post and packing budget, arrange and track on-going parcels as appropriate.
Quality Control & Assurance:
- To liaise with Development Managers to establish ‘critical to quality’ (CQC) specifications for all new products for sign off by vendors.
- To analyse returned product and identifying product weaknesses and potential QC problems. Work with Far East Sourcing Manager to action improvements with suppliers.
- To generate the monthly ERA MAT analysis, reporting findings to Development Managers and Far East Sourcing Manager.
- As required, examine sample products from shipments to ensure compliance with manufacturing specifications previously agreed with vendors and reporting any deviations to Development Managers.
- Customer Care - To test products returned to the Sales & Customer Support Team referring to suppliers where appropriate and writing reports with recommendations. Also, where required directly assist customers in resolution of product issues.
- To work with the NPD & Regulatory Control Manager to develop technical labels, check for regulatory updates and work with suppliers to implement required updates.
- Provide technical support to the Digital Marketing team.
- To operate within budgetary constraints.
- To undertake other duties as requested from time to time.
Minimum of five GCSEs ideally A – C grades including Maths, English
Qualification in aquatics/fishery studies or equivalent
Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Excellent written and verbal communication skills