pART TIME HR/PEOPLE aDVISOR
Location: Horley, Surrey
Salary: £25-30k pro rata
25 hours per week
To coordinate the complete employee lifecycle across the Group, providing comprehensive advice and support to managers and team members as appropriate and maintaining an accurate HR database.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Be accountable for the quality standards, volume and timeliness of the HR generalist support and responsibilities, within a multi-tasking, fast paced and changing environment.
- Effectively co-ordinate the recruitment process including understanding candidate/role requirements from hiring managers, writing job specifications/profiles, candidate sourcing, agency liaison,
conduct manage and provide reporting on aptitude assessments advising hiring managers on the results, support interviews to ensure most suitable candidates are recruited. Seek best value recruitment solutions.
- Drafting new or updated statement of terms, job title or salary review change letters, completing pre-employment screening, checking driving licence and right to work status
- Liaising with Payroll on all employee pay matters.
- Manage new starter, mover and leaver processes in line with ISO standards making appropriate referral to Security team when required.
- Update and maintain HR system database ensuring high levels of accuracy at all times. Act as system support/expert answering employee queries and making helpdesk referrals as appropriate.
- Create, update and deliver HR induction programme, ensure operational induction is completed. Oversee probation process, supporting managers with any identified issues.
- Assist managers to formulate their appropriate training and development plans: identify skills gaps to ensure the company optimises the contribution of it’s people. Seek best value training solutions.
- Manage the maternity processes completing risk assessments, drafting letters and ensuring accurate records on HR database for both Maternity leave and pay
- Coach and support managers in dealing with range of complex and sensitive employee relations issues including attendance, grievances, performance management including disciplinary and capability proceedings to achieve successful outcomes.
- Actively maintain mature ISO HR standards, taking part in ISO audits and making recommendations as appropriate
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Understands and pertains a management and business perspective.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Demonstrates exemplary levels of confidentiality, integrity, tact and diplomacy.
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Presents information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- CIPD qualification
- Health and Safety experience, IOSH or NEBOSH qualification desirable.
- Experience of using a cloud-based HR database system.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
- Knowledge or survey software e.g. Survey Monkey desirable.