Salary: £35,000-40,000 per annum
Overall Job Purpose
Our client who is growing rapidly within their industry and are now looking for an Operations Manager to help manage, oversee and improve all business operations. The role will encompass a range of responsibilities to ensure the smooth operation of the business.
You will be a motivated leader with a broad range of skills and will oversee the delivery of eCommerce operations across the different operational areas of the business including; logistics, supply, warehousing and IT. You will have a passion for process efficiency, implementation and automation. You will optimise resources effectively across the organisation. You will have the chance to wear many hats in this role and be the primary point of contact within operations, collaborating with other managers to implement business strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be ultimately responsible for the smooth sailing of the supply chain, ensuring we always have the right stock, in the right places at the right time, and the journey from order to delivery is as seamless for the customer as possible.
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the core business operations, overseeing all ‘business as usual’ operations (daily functions) in the company.
- Implementation of new processes and procedures to improve supply chain & logistical efficiency
- Improve and optimise existing processes and systems
- Reporting on key operational metrics
- Inspire your team & peers to always strive for the very best
- The line management and development of the current operations team of 5 to 6 members including involvement in the recruitment of new positions when required
- Oversee, project manage and provide timely delivery for any ongoing projects within the operations department
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Strong Management and leadership experience
- Supply Chain and Logistics experience
- Experience of implementing process improvements in an operational environment
- Implementation of IT systems to support operational business
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Hands-on can-do approach
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- A natural team player who believes if you’re not overcommunicating, you’re under-communicating
- Able to prioritise and identify solutions in a timely manner
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Relish working in a small company with a fast paced and high pressured environment and comfortable taking on lots of responsibilities
- Proactive, confident, coupled with strong verbal and written skills
- Personable, fun, team oriented
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects simultaneously in constantly changing circumstances
- Experience or a keen interest in the eCommerce industry
- Experience managing & leading a team in a fast-moving environment
- Experience managing an international supply chain