Job Title: New Product Development Manager
Office Location: Dorking, Surrey (remote working available)
Salary: up to £44k (depending on experience)
Our lovely eCommerce client who believes that “It’s what’s inside that counts”. They’re big on quality and pay attention to the details that matter in their products.
As the New Product Development Manager you will help bring this mantra to life in their products through overseeing and managing the execution of the entire product roadmap.
You will be ultimately responsible for the delivery of all new products all the way from product inception all the way through to launch. You will work across all business functions and will be involved in helping to bring product ideas to life.
This role is perfect for someone who is extremely hands on has a wealth of experience in product sourcing and development and can hit the ground running. The role will initially be a direct support to our CEO and Co-founder.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Own the end-to-end new product development from market & to timeline development, coordinating with our in-house designer, sourcing, costing, product testing, packaging, and pricing from ideation through to launch.
- To oversee and manage simultaneous projects in relation to new products through all stages from conception through to implementation and evaluation.
· Responsible for working closely with our in-house designer to manage the sourcing and development of our growing product range.
· Responsible for working closely with our Operations and Marketing teams to place purchase order for new products.
· Manage all schedules, timelines and project plans for new product development up until launch.
· Sourcing new factories and production partners to meet the needs of the business from a product perspective.
· Advising on sustainability matters and supply chain transparency
· Communication with factories to negotiate pricing, terms and manufacturing capabilities during various points in the product development cycle for all new products.
· Build long term partnership with suppliers both new and old and support them in helping manufacture the right products to our specification.
· Drive continuous improvements of our existing products, with a “no improvement is too small” attitude to material and designs that both enhance the quality of our existing products and optimise costs.
- 3+ years in consumer product development and sourcing
- An obsession with product quality and attention to detail
- Commercial experience, managing budgets, negotiation and pricing
- Extensive knowledge of materials sourcing
- Enquiring and securing contracts with new Suppliers