Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on experience
Location: Dorking, Surrey
About the Company:
Our client is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
They are structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy.
Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, they are entering a new era - providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore the company is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings.
About the role:
The Management Accountant is responsible for ensuring that the day to day processing of accounting transactions through our various software programmes is such that that the books and records of the Company are accurate and complete. This will enable the production of accurate and timely financial information for use by the senior management in running the business. Close attention to detail, honesty and integrity are essential in this role.
It is expected that you will work alongside other members of the Finance and Administration team as well as senior management and members of the Group finance team. Being a strong team player, you will be willing to assist others as necessary to achieve team objectives.
Strong communication skills will be required as the role requires liaison with others both within the Company and externally with customers, suppliers, the bank etc
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and hardworking accounts professional to join the Company at a time of growth and development.
The key responsibility of this role is to assist the Financial Controller in the production of monthly management accounts. In order to achieve this, responsibilities fall into the following areas:
- Sales – ensuring that sales invoices are raised in line with signed Contracts and that the revenue is accounted for in line with Company policy
- Purchases – ensuring that goods and supplies purchased are correctly accounted for
- Cash Management – ensuring that all receipts and payments have been processed, the bank accounts are reconciled on a timely basis and that a cash flow forecast is prepared monthly
- VAT – ensuring that this is accounted for correctly and in line with current HMRC rules, and that other members of the finance team understand the correct treatment of input and output VAT, especially in relation to foreign sales and purchases
- Management Accounts – assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts schedules
· Ensuring that all sales invoices are raised in line with customer contracts held on our systems, that the revenue is coded to the correct Nominal Ledger Accounts and that the revenue is recognised in line with Group policy
· Ensuring that supplier invoices are checked against Purchase Orders raised by the procurement team, validating charges on other supplier invoices and checking the correct Nominal Ledger codes have been applied. Where necessary liaising with suppliers to ensure charges are correct.
· Reviewing the data held on our software systems to ensure that costs of sales are attributed accurately so that gross margin per sale can be computed. Identifying any discrepancies, investigating and correcting as necessary.
· Cash management including ensuring bank transactions are reviewed daily, any unidentified receipts or payments are investigated, review of bank reconciliations and production of monthly cash flow forecast.
· Ensuring all Corporation Tax and HMRC payments are made on a timely basis and correctly accounted for.
· Ensuring that VAT is correctly coded and accounted for and responsibility to produce the VAT return quarterly and the EC Sales List monthly.
· Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts schedules to predetermined timescales
· Monthly revenue and cost analysis and investigation and explanation of variances against forecast and/or budget
· Monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
· Assisting in preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
· Assisting with preparing of other management accounting information as required
· Must be numerate and enjoy working with numbers
· Experience of working with one or more computerised accounting packages
· Must be IT literate with a working knowledge of MS Office especially Excel
· Close attention to detail and accurate working is essential
· Understanding of data privacy standards
· Integrity & honesty
· Able to work under pressure with a calm temperament
· Positive attitude and a desire to find solutions to problems as they arise
· Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
· Organisational & planning skills with the ability to identify priorities and self-manage workload
- ACCA/CIMA qualified with 1 or more years of post-qualification experience in a similar environment (desirable)
- Knowledge of ACCESS Dimensions and SAGE 50 would be particularly useful but not essential as training will be given