IT Network Manager
£40-50k depending on experience
As the IT Network Manager, you will have a pivotal role delivering new and exciting infrastructure projects, whilst overseeing the daily operations of the IT support service and the IT Team. You will be responsible for delivering and supporting transformational IT services and strategy throughout the school. You will lead the team to work collaboratively with all key stakeholders ensuring they understand their technology requirements. Working alongside the Director of IT to ensure the team delivers an outstanding IT service.
Experience of managing IT operations and providing technical support for systems and services is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fun, forward-thinking business which is committed to academic excellence and continual development of staff.
• Accountable for IT operations and priorities for the team, including support requests and ongoing larger IT systems and infrastructure developments.
• Overall responsibility for the helpdesk and ensuring that all requests for IT support are actioned in accordance with helpdesk procedures and priorities.
• Overall responsibility for supporting, maintaining and managing a wide range of technical systems associated with the client devices and infrastructure.
• Accountable and responsible for delivering day-to-day IT support to all users and addressing any ongoing or reoccurring issues impacting the service.
• Responsible for developing, embedding and managing methods of working practices including proactive IT support to end users to ensure that a high quality, professional IT service is provided to the whole school community.
• Encourage users to adopt good IT practice and ensure correct and appropriate use of equipment.
• Responsible for the process of analysing hardware and software resource requests to ensure that appropriate solutions are recommended.
• Responsible for the maintenance and management of an up to date asset register enabling tracking of assets.
• Responsible for the maintenance of up to date policies and procedural documentation of all relevant IT and AV systems and hardware, including maintenance contracts and warranties. Project and Development Duties
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience in managing, maintaining, and developing IT services and staff using relevant IT service management methodology such as ITIL.
• Experience in supporting, developing and maintaining IT systems and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of current best practice, products and statutory requirements, including IT health and safety.
• Knowledge of experience of Microsoft Active Directory, O365, HyperV, SAN environments, HPE networks and configuration, SCCM and Tablet deployment / management. Knowledge of SharePoint and Smoothwall filtering is desirable. Skills and Aptitudes
• Ability to provide technical support, whilst maintaining the ability to manage IT support services.
• Ability to discuss and explain technical issues to nontechnical key stakeholders.
• Ability to adjust and adapt working practices to accommodate requirement changes.
• Ability to learn new technologies outside of traditional practice based on the strategic requirements.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to problem solve, analyse issues, make informed judgments, take appropriate action and accept responsibility for results.
• Ability to assign work to others, whilst supporting and empowering them to undertake tasks whilst maintaining accountability.
• Ability to provide direction and coaching to others to enable achievement of objectives.