Do you have a passion for all things IT?
Are you a self starter who likes solving problems?
Then keep reading!
My client in Chessington is seeking an individual who has a passion for IT and looking to develop their career in a role where there is always something new to learn. This is a role for someone who loves technology and finding IT solutions!
On a day to day basis you will handle a variety of 1st to 3rd level customer/user support requests and aid troubleshooting issues. These issues may relate to their products, or products sold, and include the integration into a variety of complex IT networks.
This role will also include a level of responsibility whereby you will need to help research new products or solutions that can help better their MSP offering.
Although the position is primarily based at their offices in Surrey, you will be required to travel worldwide. If you are a team player, but also good at working on your own initiative and would enjoy an exciting varied role, then start your career in the ever-evolving world of IT solutions.
- Experience working within an IT role - Ideally a previous role within a SD or MSP.
- Passion for all things IT and a willingness to learn
- Interest in technology outside of work
Technical Knowledge (Desirable)
- Windows Server (2008 - 2019) and Windows XP – 10
- Automation using PowerShell/VB
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2010-2019)
- VMware & Microsoft Hyper-V
- HP/Dell/Starwind/FreeNAS physical or virtual storage solutions
- Solid understanding of UTM and Firewall products
- Networking skills, including TCP/IP (IPv4) settings, VLANs, Routing, Firewalling and port forwarding.
- Cisco network equipment experience
- Excellent practical skills required for site visits and hardware installations.
- A passport, endorsed with appropriate visa(s) if necessary, which enables you to travel within the European Union Countries at very short notice.
- UK/EU Drivers Licence.