Monday to Friday – 8.45-5.30pm
Our client in Dorking, who has recently been acquired by a multi-million pound business are looking to expand Working within the IT industry, they have a passion for customer service and technology and are now recruiting for a Helpdesk Engineer. The successful candidate will be exposed to topics such as virtualisation, network design, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
The role focuses on dealing with end user support issues on our Service Desk and escalation of issues to senior escalation engineers. They provide managed services to a large and varied client base in and around the South East in addition to a number of overseas locations.
As part of the Technical Support Team you will have responsibility for the following:
- Proactive monitoring of systems using a variety of tools.
- Troubleshooting IT issues and handling service requests by telephone, email, remote access and occasional on-site visits.
- Helping to improve company systems, procedures and knowledge.
- System builds, configuration and installation (remote or on-site).
- Pro-active maintenance of backup, anti-virus and software and hardware updates for client networks while giving excellent customer service.
- Diligent documentation and time-keeping.
- Potential for involvement in solution design and project implementation in consultation with clients and colleagues.
- Participating in the out of hours standby rota.
The right candidate will have:
Previous helpdesk or service desk experience
Good understanding of the IT industry
A polite and friendly telephone manner
Good technical knowledge
If this role sounds of interest, please give one of our consultants a call at Specialist Recruit or apply online!!
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the "Data Subject/Candidate" , will be supplying Specialist Recruit International Ltd with "Personal Sensitive Data" . Full details of how our agency complies with the new GDPR legislation can be found on our website and will be confirmed upon registration.