Guildford, Surrey (currently remote working due to Covid-19)
Salary Guide: Circa £50k - £60k
Hours : Full time – Monday to Friday
Our lovely client in the Guildford area is seeking an experienced Financial Controller to support the executive team with the provision of financial reports and the management of key balance sheet accounts.
Actively supporting the completion of all financial reporting requirements including monthly and quarterly reporting & annual report pack Business Planning & ROI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, analysis and commentaries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Post monthly journal entries including accruals, prepayments, deferred/accrued revenue
- Cashflows, daily responsibility of managing all company bank accounts,
- Maintain fixed assets schedules and post depreciation
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly, including Intercompany
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts and audit schedules
- Production of year end packs and liasing with Auditors.
- Oversee & supervise Ledger work
- Collate monthly VAT return
- Prepare/submit National Statistics Returns
- Ensure the smooth running of Finance department. control of procedures, ensure minimal errors
- Maintain positive relationship with suppliers
- Cash flows reports, forecasting and preparation of budgets
- Communicating with suppliers over chased payments. Procedures including authorising payments.
- Ensure Management Reporting process is organised and reported on time
- Consistently monitoring processes and systems in order to identify efficiencies and improvements
- Paperwork re Import Export
- (High level checks on payroll and pension payments and contributions. Preparation and filing of P11Ds)
- Worked in an SME environment, and have a fine attention to detail
- Multi Currency Trading
- Multi Company/Group Consolidation
Skills & Abilities:
- A Proactive and positive approach
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Close attention to details
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Xero software experience desirable
- Extensive excel experience
- Revenue recognition
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking for an engaging and responsible role and be qualified at ACA/ACCA qualification.