Our client are a multi award winning, independent, global organization based in lovely spacious offices between Guildford and Godalming that provide a pleasant, calm, professional working environment, an enjoyable and open-minded workplace.
This current role is central to the finance team and is a genuine career opportunity. The candidate will be confident in their abilities, happy to take ownership and take pride in the quality of their work, alongside being a dedicated team player.
The company offers “Hybrid Working” which consist of members of staff working a maximum of 3 days a week at home (WFH) and a minimum of 2 days a week in the office (Tuesday & Thursday). Working hours are 9-5.30 pm with a 1-hour lunch break.
The Financial Controller will support the executive team with the provision of accurate, consolidated financial reports and the astute management of key balance sheet accounts. Actively supporting the completion of all financial reporting requirements including monthly and quarterly reporting & annual report pack Business Planning & ROI.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, analysis and commentaries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Post monthly journal entries including accruals, prepayments, deferred/accrued revenue
- Cashflows, daily responsibility of managing all company bank accounts,
- Maintain fixed assets schedules and post depreciation
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly, including Intercompany
- Assist with preparation of statutory accounts and audit schedules
- Production of year end packs and liasing with Auditors.
- Oversee & supervise Ledger work
- Collate monthly VAT return
- Prepare/submit National Statistics Returns
- Ensure the smooth running of Finance department. control of procedures, ensure minimal errors
- Maintain positive relationship with suppliers
- Cash flows reports, forecasting and preparation of budgets
- Communicating with suppliers over chased payments. Procedures including authorising payments.
- Ensure Management Reporting process is organised and reported on time
- Consistently monitoring processes and systems in order to identify efficiencies and improvements
- Paperwork re Import Export
- (High level checks on payroll and pension payments and contributions. Preparation and filing of P11Ds)
- Worked in an SME environment, and have a fine attention to detail
- Multi Currency Trading
- Multi Company/Group Consolidation
- Manufactoring experience, ideally Scientific or Medical Background
Skills & Abilities
- A Proactive and positive approach
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Close attention to details
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Xero software experience desirable
- Extensive excel experience
- Revenue recognition
Salary & Benefits
- Company pension scheme whereby the company pay 3% each month and the employees pay 5%
- Employees can opt to take part in our salary sacrifice scheme whereby their pension contributions are taken before they are taxed.
- 25 Days a year holiday, running from 1st Jan – 31 Dec, plus bank holidays.
- Should the company decide to close between Christmas and New Year, these days will be a bonus.
- The office has access to free on-site parking.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking for an engaging and responsible role and be qualified at ACA/ACCA qualification.