Our superb client, based in Dorking, is seeking a Finance Assistant to work within their credit control team. If you possess good interpersonal skills, can work well under pressure and have experience in the below areas, please apply today! Our client is offering excellent benefits for the right person, including some remote working.
Front Line Transactional – Superuser of reservation system to deal with financial queries on bookings and gift lists. Initial point of contact for stores via email/phone for all finance queries related to bookings/customers.
- Front Line Transactional – Superuser of new credit card system - Assisting retail staff with failed customer credit card payments to ensure processed and allocated appropriately.
- Front Line Transactional – Allocation of customer/agent payments to bookings made directly to company bank account. Process daily customer refunds and ex-gratia customer service refunds.
- Front Line Transactional - Assist with allocation and refund of gift list funds and requests from the gift list team.
- Front Line Transactional – Produce weekly agent statements and ensure payments/refunds are made and allocated.
- Front Line Transactional – Maintain finance mailboxes to ensure internal and external stakeholders receive high standard of service and actions taken on requests.
- Credit Control - Chasing of cash/debt collection from both direct clients and agents to ensure minimal bad debt. Raising and chasing of cash for sundry invoices unrelated to bookings (including, but not limited to, Override and Marketing/Brochure Contribution).
- Financial Control – Allocate miscellaneous banking through regular journals
- Financial Control – Reconcile Foreign Currency bank accounts and other miscellaneous ledgers back to accounting system.
- Financial Control – Assist the accurate reporting of the sales ledger by taking action on bookings as advised to ‘tidy up’ differences found.
- Financial Reporting – Completion of journals to facilitate accurate financial reporting at month / year end.
- Financial Reporting – Issuing of Intercompany Statements and agreeing balances with other companies within the UK Group on a monthly basis.
- Completion of journals to facilitate accurate financial reporting at month / year end.
- Financial / Statutory Reporting – Assist Financial Accountant in producing evidence during audit fieldwork at year end reporting.
- Financial Compliance – Assistance with data entry for annual P11d Submissions and monthly/quarterly ONS submissions
- General Finance Assistance - Offer support to Financial Accountant/Group Financial Controller on ad-hoc finance requests.
- Property – Cover for ad-hoc property/facility requests for the team as required.
Travel industry experience
AAT qualified or equivalent
Experience of Microsoft accounting systems (AX Dynamics 2009) or strong IT systems skills