Our client is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry.
Our client is structured as a Group with operating entities running as distinct P&L’s. Within each of these P&L’s there is a discrete Senior Management Team (SMT) with significant autonomy. Furthermore, with the launch of Nebula, they are entering a new era - providing a solution that incorporates Networking, Unified Communications & IT capability within a unified wrapper, and therefore our client is entering an era offering a strategic solution alongside existing service offerings. To learn more about this fantastic role, please apply today!
The responsibilities fall into the following areas:
- supporting The customer – Attending site on a scheduled or non scheduled basis to act as the in-house IT technician, addressing the clients IT needs and address issues raised by client whilst at site, and or working on issues previously raised by clients via the support desk. Understanding the different business / operational needs of the customers is crucial in providing relevant advice as to the options available. Where there is no field support work required, the Field Service Technician will be allocated to either project or support work items.
- Customer Satisfaction - Owning issues from the point of allocation and keeping the clients informed as to all progress with the issue. Working with the clients to ensure a quick and effective resolution to the item raised. Deliver effective communication with all customers including Directors. Whilst at site you will be expected to evidence that the issues/work item has been completed or provide next steps to enable the work item to be complete
- Documentation – Adherence to company & client processes to deliver an outstanding experience is a must for the role. Working within the team to ensure all client documentation is updated and correctly recorded in the relevant system aiding effective closure times. Documentation includes client’s infrastructure, e mails, and updating of system to aid the support process and allows other parts of the business to effectively manage the end to end process. It is essential that data is accurate recording in Help Desk System to ensure the Company can accurately report on services provided, ticket status, and activities undertaken
• Travel to various client sites to address tickets logged by the clients
• Show a proactive approach when attending site, working with the relevant resources ahead of the visit to ensure you have all the information and support required to resolve logged issues
• Supporting the customer base with a varied range of technologies including desktop support, email issues, connectivity requirements, printers, telephone systems & 3rd party applications.
• Be capable of understanding the number and type of issues you have personally closed and be capable of discussing any problematic tickets with peers and line management
• Keeping the customer and ticket updated with developments.
• Where required escalating the ticket either within the team or on to the next support level.
• Keep abreast of the technologies being supported by the Company
• A good understanding of Windows Microsoft technologies including:
• Server Technologies including 2008/2012/2016/2019
• Active Directory and Exchange
• Windows Operating Systems
• Mac operating Systems
• Microsoft Office 365
• Firewall and routing knowledge
• Knowledge of onsite Backup Systems
• Full UK Driving Licence