Our fantastic client are big believers that It’s what’s inside that counts. This means they celebrate good people who do great things, they design & craft leather accessories that are made to last, and are dedicated to creating smart accessories that protect the things you really care about. They’re a fast-growing company full of fun, talented & ambitious people, and are on the hunt for more to join them.
That’s where you come in. This is a brand new opportunity to join their marketing team, and help them to grow their existing Amazon Marketplaces while launching them into new ones. If you’re someone who loves the data, instant feedback & constant innovation that comes with ecommerce marketing, then this is the role for you.
The company headquarters is in Dorking, Surrey, and they have a satellite office in Battersea, London. They have a flexible working culture which means you will be able to work from home for 2-3 days a week. This role can be based either out of their Dorking HQ or the Battersea satellite, depending on convenience. You may need to travel to Dorking on occasion, even if based out of Battersea
- Oversee the smooth-running of the international Amazon marketplaces, ensuring the channels enjoy a trend of steady & sustainable growth in line with business objectives
- Oversee all new product launches on Amazon, working with the rest of the marketing team to ensure all listings, advertising & assets are setup as necessary
- Lead regular experiments on our Amazon channels to improve conversion rates & improve indexing in search results
- Oversee monitoring of our closest competitors in each marketplace, keeping tabs on important changes in the market that might affect our chances of success.
- Ensure Amazon performance reporting data is accurate & accessible on a product & marketplace level.
- Oversee the development of review acquisition initiatives on the channel, ensuring they remain compliant with Amazon’s terms of service
- Monitor trends & anomalies in Amazon performance data, highlighting new opportunities for growth and identifying risks before they become problems.
- Stay up to speed with new performance tools that Amazon releases (e.g. Brand Analytics, Search Term reports)
- Manage all Amazon deals & promotions, ensuring the profit margins make sense, and that the right deals are used in the right way to maximise sales opportunities on the platform
- Work closely with our Digital Advertising Specialist to ensure our Amazon advertising strategy aligns with our overall objectives for the platform
New Marketplace Development:
- Work with the business leadership to identify opportunities to enter new & appropriate ecommerce markets (e.g. Etsy, Not On The High Street, Walmart, and beyond)
- With support from the rest of the marketing team, lead the creation of these new marketplaces ensuring that design assets are created, listings are produced & advertising is set up as necessary
- Ensure that success metrics & reporting are established for any new marketplaces and that these are tracked against our initial expectations
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and the rest of the Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Very numerically proficient – comfortable working with data & metrics and identifying actionable patterns & themes
- Experience working in a team environment, and leading people on projects
- At least 2 years’ experience working in ecommerce, ideally in an analytical role