Demand & Supply Planner
Up to £35k dependant on experience
Our client in Chessington is seeking an experienced Demand Planner. You will be responsible for the creation, monitoring and update of the monthly demand forecast by SKU on a selected range of SMU products. Using our current systems, monitor incoming vs. projected orders and proceed to weekly adjustments when necessary.
You will also be responsible for supply planning and will work with the US Supply Chain group to ensure an adequate and regular supply of products to support our Sales and Inventory objectives.
- Using numerous reporting & analytical techniques, monitor the supply from US, Mexico & third party suppliers to ensure it meets current & future demands.
- Coordinate with the regional sales teams to create and monitor the 12-months forecast for a selected range of products.
- Work closely with product management on product offering within SMU framework. Also, assist with the co-ordination of samples shipments.
- Compile availability data that can be utilised in the sales environment and respond to general availability questions from the sales teams and identify overselling lines.
- Update and produce a series of reports on the status of the supply chain & closely monitor incoming shipments to ensure timely delivery.
- Ad hoc projects/duties as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Required: 2 years plus materials planning experience. Able to compile and complete an accurate SKU level forecast. Required to regularly apply planning principles and concepts in daily execution of duties. Highly literate in Excel able to write complex formulas with a good working knowledge of MRP2 systems. Good literacy and numeracy skills with an ability to work efficiently and accurately. Able to analyse detail and perform structured decision-making. High degree of initiative and ownership, and the discipline to follow- through on assigned tasks. Good knowledge of planning practices, standards and techniques. Able to develop excellent working knowledge of products. Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity using company or departmental policies as guidelines. Must be capable of managing several priorities effectively and recommend best course of action from several alternatives. Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Must have confidence when dealing with colleagues across departments.
- Preferred: SAP experience a distinct advantage. FMCG environment experience. High sku count environment useful.
- Required: A level standard or equivalent
- Preferred: CIPS or IOM qualification