Summary of the Role:
Our client is an ecommerce business living in the world of luxury goods, are on the hunt for a Data Analyst to help them turn the plethora of data they have into powerful, actionable insights. You’ll be the brains of the organisation, making them smarter & smoother in all areas of the company, from inventory to advertising, and everything in between.
The first responsibility of the role is to solve how their data is collected, queried & organised. You’ll be using your knowledge of SQL, Python and Excel to take the mish-mash of data stored in various databases and centralise them in a business intelligence platform.
You’ll also be responsible for taking their ecommerce data and making it useful. From developing dashboards, to modelling forecasts and automating weekly & monthly reports.
Other Duties will include:
Data Transformation :
- Ultimately responsible for the collection & management of all ecommerce data, including marketplace stock allocation, sales reporting & channel performance
- Be the guardian of our business intelligence platform (Domo), responsible for oversight of all dashboard architecture; ensuring all data is accurate, reliable, up-to-date and readily accessible
- Automate data collection and importing into our BI platform where possible, saving time in areas where this is being done manually
- Cleansing, blending & filtering data to ensure what’s displayed in the BI platform is complete, reliable and uncompromised
- Development of succinct data governance processes throughout the company
- Create database queries using SQL, ensuring teams have the right data from the right places stored & displayed in the right ways.
- Ultimately responsible for the helpfulness of ecommerce data, ensuring all departments have the data they need in the format & timeframe they need it
- Build increasingly advanced forecasting models to help inform stock allocation by marketplace, predict seasonal sales trends, and reduce wastage from expired stock.
- Support and educate all company departments in the proper use of data to inform business decisions, helping to create a culture of data-led decision-making
- Collaborate with cross-company departments on business intelligence projects, helping us to become smarter & more data-driven in all areas of the business
- Automating weekly & monthly reporting cycles to keep us informed & up-to-date on business performance against goals & KPIs
- Create & maintain all data visualisation dashboards within our BI system
- Advanced knowledge of SQL database queries and database table structures [Essential]
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including macros [Essential]
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R [Desired]
- Knowledge of Google Analytics [Desired]
- Knowledge of forecasting models & methodology [Desired]
- Familiarity with Entity Relationship Diagrams [Desired]
- Experience or knowledge of data transformation (Extract/Transform/Load) [Essential]
- Experience or knowledge of data/business analysis [Essential]
- Hands on experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g.Sisense, Looker, Tableau, Microsoft Dynamics, Business Objects, Domo) [Essential]
- Experience with with data automation, querying & manipulation [Essential]
- Experience with building data visualisations & reporting [Desired]
If this role sounds of interest, please give one of our consultants a call at Specialist Recruit or apply online!!
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the "Data Subject/Candidate" , will be supplying Specialist Recruit International Ltd with "Personal Sensitive Data" . Full details of how our agency complies with the new GDPR legislation can be found on our website and will be confirmed upon registration.