Our client is a fast-growing technology-based business and has built a market leading position in the provision of energy data and services with a proven track record for constant innovation. They are a passionate, and friendly team who thrive on solving problems and with data integrity at the heart of everything we do.
To facilitate a high level of cash flow and seek to reduce and prevent aged debt in accordance with the prevailing credit control procedures and ensure all relevant financial key performance indicators are followed.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Ensuring timely payment of debts in line with payment terms and collecting overdue debt
- Effectively and efficiently resolving customer queries; escalating complex queries as required
- Accurately recording any invoice disputes relating to outstanding debt
- Keeping debt collection process up to date; maintaining debt collection process manually where required
- Reducing debtor days
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Liaising with other departments where necessary to resolve queries
- Performing customer credit checks as per Group policy and maintaining customer credit limits
- Assisting in the preparation of the credit control / KPI report on a weekly basis
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships across the Group
- Assisting the department in meeting all Key Performance Indicators
- Participating in any Finance project work when required
- Participating in cross training in all areas of Finance function
- Proactively seeking ways to improve Finance processes and systems
- Participating in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge
- Any additional ad-hoc duties as required to support the wider Finance function
- Ensuring the health and safety of you and others who may be affected by what you do; using work equipment provided safely and co-operating with managers to provide safe systems of work
What you’ll bring
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.