Our great client, based in Taunton (offering hybrid working), is looking for a Brand Manager to co-ordinate the development and delivery of an integrated and effective brand strategy designed to increase market share and profitability of their Outdoor Aquatic product ranges.
To participate effectively as a key member of the Marketing Team by:
- Working with Marketing and sales teams to produce and co-ordinate Aquatic brand plans including, new product introductions, product portfolio management, point of sale, marketing communication and promotional activity for Trade and consumer campaigns designed to increase sales and margin across brands and distribution channels.
- Developing and controlling brand identities to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to and intellectual property is protected.
- Taking responsibility for managing pricing that optimises brand positioning, sales, and margins.
- Implementing key performance indicators to assist with analysing brand performance. Using this analysis to monitor and report performance of the brand portfolio. Identify areas of concern and work with the marketing and sales teams to create appropriate tactical responses.
- Generating effective promotional campaigns to maximise product distribution and sales volumes.
- Liaising with external agencies to create PR and digital media campaigns to maximise trade and consumer awareness and interaction with the brands
- Work with the Digital marketing team to ensure brands are well represented on online platforms – brand web sites and Ecom.
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity and market trends highlighting competitive threats and opportunities and making recommendations to neutralise or exploit as appropriate. Generating clear competitive positioning for the brands.
- Maintaining a high level of customer insight through market research, customer engagement and close contact with sales colleagues.
- Co-ordinating and participating in exhibitions and events as required
- To collaborate and participate in project teams as required
- Create and manage expenditure budget linked to brand plan
- Undertaking any other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Measures of Performance
- Alignment with company’s Values and Customer Service Competencies
- Quality and effectiveness of the implementation of Aquatic Brand plans
- Degree of influence in driving sales and gross margin
- Quality of market insight
- Accuracy, timeliness and quality of results reporting
- Achievement of performance and personal development objectives
- To take an enthusiastic, pro-active approach to the job, identifying and recommending better, more cost-effective ways of approaching tasks and/or achieving individual and departmental objectives
- To take responsibility for developing personal knowledge and skill base, in particular a comprehensive knowledge of product ranges, departmental procedures, Prelude, Phocas and Microsoft Office Suite
- To communicate effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels, via all mediums
- To be an effective member of the departmental team, maintaining a flexible approach to each working day
- To maintain a cheerful and positive mind-set at all times
- To complete allocated tasks to the required standards with a minimum of supervision
- To maintain confidentiality of Company and customer information at all times
- To maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- To maintain a smart appearance