Associate Energy Markets Analyst
Our client is an international energy/sustainability consulting firm focused on providing businesses solutions to improve operational, financial, and environmental performance. They have an exciting associate level opportunity to join their expanding European Risk Management (ERM) team and are looking for someone who can confidently work in a time pressured fast moving environment. This associate position is primarily office based out of their Redhill, Surrey office.
Working as part as of the European Risk Management department, you will assist in providing effective delivery of the key day-to-day activities that the business manages on behalf of their major Industrial & Commercial clients in relation to the global energy markets. You will be part of a dynamic team, responsible for delivering a high-value, professional energy risk management services to key domestic and international client accounts.
Core activities will support the following functions:
Role / Team Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and managing client energy commodity market exposure and associated financial risks.
- Daily monitoring of price targets/trigger levels.
- Recording and reporting of trade execution and market activity.
- Producing Weekly / monthly client position reports.
- Providing fundamental and statistical analysis and reporting on global commodity and European energy markets.
- Issue client recommendations plus supporting rationale.
- Support client market strategy development.
- Preparation of market presentations for a variety of clients .
- Working with our European office operational teams.
- Ad hoc project work and client requests as required.
- A Graduate / Postgraduate, preferably within a financial, math’s or economics discipline.
- Have an interest in financial markets and the energy industry.
- Highly numerate with analytical skills.
- Confident communicator in all forms.
- Advanced Excel essential, VBA, Python or Power BI desirable.
- A team player but with the ability to work independently with projects.