Business Development and Strategy
- Grow and retain a set of existing customer accounts whilst identifying new opportunities through referrals, inbound enquiries, or outbound activity.
- Agree & achieve individual sales and account development targets. Understand and present key products including Utility Metering and Data Services, Electric Vehicle Charging Points and Energy and Carbon reporting services.
- Generate proposals, responses to tenders, quotes, and product demonstrations, ensuring prompt, professional follow-up.
- Provide account analysis & development and execution of strategies to drive sales and relationships with key customers.
- Ensure key accounts each have a written and reported business development strategy. Establish short- & medium-term goals to grow the ‘share of wallet’ of key accounts.
- Understand your accounts’ business models, in order to present & justify client’s potential contribution and support towards that goal.
- Work with Sales and Marketing management team to refine product propositions, sales, marketing and account strategy including representing at exhibitions.
- Lead & participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Directly support & manage major critical accounts.
- Develop long term customer relationships while identifying and capitalizing on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs.
- Create excitement among team members promoting a culture of success, providing leadership, and implementing motivation programmes.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Process and Working Practice
- Continually evaluate how best to respond to opportunities and risks through effective time management, use of support from Senior & Line Manager & other team members.
- Work with internal divisions such as Technical, Operations, Project Delivery and Support, Commercial, EMS & suppliers to ensure account potential is maximized.
- Make objective cases for new initiatives, including recommendations on resource requirements and process improvements.
- Deliver consistent & understood approach to customer negotiations & commission setting and their documentation.
- Product & market knowledge- Actively uses customer & competitor information to adapt sales strategy
- Sales Process- Confidently handles complex sales & negotiation processes & is able to respond to unanticipated situations
- Planning & Territory management- Is able to bring varied company resources to complex situations; has a long-term view of customers & how to grow them
- Relationship Management-Anticipates evolving customer needs; is viewed by customers as an advisor; has peer group respect and propagates ideas.
- Is able to effectively time manage between short term reactive and proactively achieving key business goals
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in the business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.