Our lovely client in St Neots is seeking a senior 1st line or 2nd line IT Engineer to strengthen their team. You will be supporting the 1st Line Engineers and dealing with technical issues passed on and also be responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions.
You will act as the primary point of contact for your assigned tickets raised by both phone or email as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, enabling the gathering of all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the Service Desk Manager. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
• Previous experience with a ticketing system.
• Troubleshooting connectivity issues including firewalls, VPN, WAN & WIFI.
• Windows Server deployment and troubleshooting.
• Experiencing managing monitoring systems such as PTRG.
• Storage solutions such as Datacore, VSAN, Nexans.
• Advanced Windows desktop support.
• Virtualisation - VMware, HyperV.
• 1 Years’ experience on a Help Desk.
• Strong Customer service Ethos.
• Previous experience with on-prem Exchange and Exchange Online.
• Network security and cyber security.
• VOIP & telecommunications support..
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please be aware that under the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR), May 2018, in applying for this position either by way of your initial CV submission and/or subsequent Registration Interview you, the"Data Subject/Candidate", will be supplying Specialist Recruit International Ltd with"Personal Sensitive Data". Full details of how our agency complies with the new GDPR legislation can be found on our website and will be confirmed upon registration.