Our Client is an award winning, highly customer-focused and forward-thinking business with significant annual growth year on year – growth that is creating opportunities for the right individuals to carve out excellent careers within the IT industry. This is a great role for someone with some experience and looking for their next step into the world of IT support.
The 1st Line Service Desk Engineer works as the first point of client contact within the Support Delivery team. You are responsible for maintaining the high standards expected from clients purchasing managed services solutions. You will be exposed to topics such as desktop, servers, virtualisation, network structure, disaster recovery, business continuity, hosting services, Public and Private Cloud, security and bespoke managed solutions.
You will act as the first point of contact for issues raised by both phone or email as well quickly identifying the priority of the issue and ensuring they are dealt with within an agreed SLA. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills with clients, peers and senior members of the team, enabling the gathering of all relevant information around the issues & correctly recording this within the service management system. Where necessary you will escalate issues to the relevant team and report key information to the Service Desk Manager. The role requires you to be able to move from one issue to another efficiently, whilst dealing with a broad range of technologies and end user abilities.
- Answering inbound calls from clients
- Picking up tickets from the level 1 issue board and managing tickets to closure, it is expected that on average upwards of 20 plus tickets will be handled within a shift
- Identify where tools, processes and systems are impacting closure rates
- Be capable of understanding the number and type of issues you have personally closed and be capable of discussing any problematic tickets with peers and line management
- Supporting the customer base with a varied range of technologies including desktop support, email issues, connectivity requirements, printers, telephone systems & 3rd party applications.
- Keeping the customer and ticket updated with developments.
- Where required escalating the ticket either within the team or on to the next support level
- Working within your team to ensure all tickets are actioned within SLA
- Where tickets are unable to be closed within a call, identify further resolution steps and actioned with the client.
- Monitored activity through various ticket reporting tools.
- You will be expected to meet or exceed customer expectations with regards to the SLA
- Ability to multi task across open tickets
- Passionate about technology & how it benefits businesses
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Professional communication skill
- Outstanding customer service
- Troubleshooting Windows Desktop 7 and above
- Experience with Exchange online
- Exposure to Active directory on Windows Server 2008 and above
- Understanding of PC hardware, accessories & connections
- Previous experience of a ticketing system